Sunday 15 February 2015

Cook: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins




This is probably my favourite recipe of life!

I'm not big on buying store bought things... Just the basics, bread, meats, veggies, but a lot of my snacks and treats I like to make myself. I like to know what's going into my body, and of course, homemade is always so much more delicious than store bought, not to mention cheaper...

On Sunday's, I usually set up shop in the kitchen for a few hours, and prepare my eats and treats for the week. I usually will whip up a batch of cookies or squares for packed lunch snacks, and muffins and/or biscuits for breakfasts.


Lately, these banana chocolate chip muffins have been my go-to. It's so easy to swap in or out ingredients to keep it different and interesting. It usually makes a little more than a dozen, depending on ingredients used and the size of the muffins you want. I usually keep half out and freeze the other half, and they last me a week to a week and a half, depending on how many we grab!

Ingredients
2 or 3 bananas
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup softened butter or shortening 
This is where it gets fun, add chocolate chips to taste, peanut butter, Nutella, oatmeal, really anything you want!

Directions
Mash bananas
add sugar and egg
add butter and egg
add dry ingredients
mix in chocolate chips or whatever you choose to add
If you choose to add Nutella or peanut butter, I usually add a glob into the muffin tin, then swirl it around with a toothpick to get a nice swirl
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 350. This really depends on your oven, I usually go by until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.




Sometimes, it's easy to get into a rut when you take on the challenge on not relying on the grocery store for a delicious treat. But, with a little infinity, and a great basic recipe, the sky is the limit!




Try it out! What's your favourite thing to mix into your muffins?


No comments:

Post a Comment