Tuesday 24 November 2015

Simple Holiday Cookie Recipe

Hey everyone!

With the Holidays approaching I try to always have batches of cookies at the ready to share with family and friends. Last night I happened to be feeling festive, and decided to whip up a batch of my signature shortbread cookies.

When making cookies for bulk, I tend to favor simple recipes with simple ingredients, because they tend to store well and be a breeze to make.

These particular shortbread cookies only have 3 ingredients, and store frozen or chilled incredibly easily. I have a batch in my cookie jar for Eric and I and any guests to enjoy, and also a batch in my freezer, ready to give out to friends, bring to work, or attend a last minute cookie exchange.

The Holiday's can be so hectic it's nice to cover your bases when you do have some downtime so you don't become too stressed about the season that you forget to enjoy it.



To spice them up, I try to get creative with the dough. I pressed holiday kisses in some, and made a thumbprint for some Raspberry-Peach Jam with others. In another batch not pictured, I pressed Christmas tree shaped sprinkles into the dough and sprinkled sugar on top to bake!

You can freeze your baked cookies, or you can freeze the dough to bake at a later time. I plan on using my 2nd batch some time this week, so I just went ahead and cooked them up last night since I had the time. If you plan on giving them out pretty soon (1-2 weeks after baking) I'd say you're safe to pre-cook and freeze. Any longer, I'd suggest just freezing the dough and then thawing, then baking.

~

Simple Shortbread Recipe

2 Cups Margarine or Butter, cold.
1 Cup Sugar
4.5 Cups All Purpose Flour

Combine ingredients until dough is a firm, play dough like consistency. If a little too dry, add a Tablespoon more butter until proper consistency is achieved.

Roll into balls or roll out and shape cookies, adding any decorations as needed. My favorites are adding kisses, jam thumbprints, and sugar and sprinkles to top.

Cook at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until bottoms are slightly golden brown. Cool and enjoy!

~

That recipe yields around 20 good sized cookies and 40 small ones, a perfect amount!

Enjoy, and I hope your Holidays are stress free!

Until next time,

Xoxo, Court

No comments:

Post a Comment