Wednesday 16 September 2015

On My Radar - Fall Edition



Guys, I have a confession.

I  love Fall!

I'll be hard pressed to admit it, but I really do. It's kind of a love/hate situation, erring more on the love portion, and the hate portion isn't really Fall's fault anyways.. it's more because I'm 1 season closer to Winter, which I ultimately dread.

I suffer from Winter-Phobia, intensely plagued by nightmares from September through November of walking into a store on a hot, crisp day, only to walk out to a blizzard, with cars skidding all over the road. The only way to cure the nightmares are to strap some high quality, studded, Winter tires on my car and dig out my Pea coats. I can't fathom it yet.

However, I must live in the moment. And if the moment is unpleasant, I will eat a cookie. So pull up some cookies and milk and lets get messy into some things that are on my radar for Fall!

(Because we know this warm spell will go quickly, leaving us shivering and reaching for Hot Chocolate!)


1. Rosy Lips - With Fall, the strength of the sun leaves us, and if you're already quite pale like me, that can leave you even paler! I like to reach for a rosy lipstick to dress up my look and bring some color to my face. My absolute favorite is Rosy go Round by Elf. It has great miniaturization, and amazing staying power! Order one for yourself here.
2. Keep it Cozy - Nothing is comfier on a chilly Sunday morning in the fall than curling up on the couch with a warm drink and a cozy flannel. For me, the softer and bigger the better. Flannels are also very versatile because you can dress them up or down. Have you ever seen a flannel with a great pair of skinnies, cowgirl boots, and pearls? To die for!  Though I've been known to "borrow" (aka. steal) my sweet husband's flannels, I'll be after my own in Women's sizes from my absolute favorite brand for flannels, American Eagle.
3. Can't Slow Me Down - Bean boots! Need I say more? They're perfect for dewy grass, chilly days, and so, so, comfortable... not to mention cute! My husband plays hockey starting in October, and it's my favorite to grab my cozy blanket, Bean Boots, and settle in to watch his games. My feet are always so cozy! These things literally last a lifetime as well. My Mother in Law has had some since before my Husband was born, and they only look a few years old! If you haven't gotten any yet, I strongly suggest you hop over here and order a pair!
4. Cool Cognac - I inserted a picture of a purse for this post, but it's more about the color than a bag. Cognac everything! Bags! Boots! You name it! I love, love, love it for Fall. I plan on ordering this MarleyLilly sweetie soon to tote until the snow flies. Cognac and monogram? Be still my heart!
5. Bundle Up - More flannel... are you seeing a trend? Late last Fall I bought a wonderful plaid blanket scarf that I did not get enough use out of. Blanket scarves are hot on trend right now, and I can't wait for the temperature to dip to dig mine back out!
6. Paint on Warmth - One of my favorite nail colors for fall is Essie Chinchilly. Every other season, you can see me with my staples, red, various versions of nude, or hot pink when I'm feeling fancy, and that's it, I never variate. However, this has been the only pretty that's ever convinced me to switch it up! It's still nude enough to not be too flashy for day-to-day wear, but has a little drama. I'll admit it, I'm a greige girl!
7. Pearly Whites - This will forever be my staple, pearls! They wake up your face, are so classic, timeless, and beautiful, make your teeth whiter.... I don't even have to write about them. Pearls are the perfect accessory for any season.

What are you loving this Fall? Tell me your 'faves!

xoxo, 
- Court

No comments:

Post a Comment