Thursday 23 July 2015

About Me - Courtney Martin Blog

It had occurred to me that I had not really done a proper introduction of myself into the blogging world, as well as given a little summary of what you can find and expect on my little blog. So let me make this right:

Little old me.


Hello! My name is Courtney Martin, and I am a young woman (born in 1991 for those of you who like to know the specifics) navigating my way through life with a husband, some cats, a new home, and most importantly myself.

Life seemed to start for me all at once in my 20's. I had finally escaped an abusive relationship at 20, and the world was suddenly at my feet. All at once, I could make my own decisions, and decide who I wanted to be, not who I was told to be. Quickly, I enrolled in my local community college's Office Administration Program, to finally realize my dream of working in the business world.

During the summer's wait for my course to begin, and blazing through trying to cram 3 years I had missed of self discovery into one summer, I stumbled upon the man of my dreams, even though I wasn't really searching for him then. His name was Eric, and he was kind, and smart, and hard working, and gentile... and most importantly my one.

Eric with our first kitty, Oliver!


We might of taken it slow, or tried to stumble through our twenties slow and steady, like we had planned, but something happened.

I was diagnosed with Cancer at 21 years old, 3 months into our relationship. Before we knew it, we were two kids who had barely said "I love yous" to a sick girlfriend and a supportive boyfriend. He got me snacks, helped me up when I was weak, dried my tears, took me to appointments, and helped me change bandages, and never once did he leave, or get the sense it wasn't what he should be doing.

Going through something like that kind of puts your life on fast forward even more. From my point of view, it makes you older, much older than your years. You realize life is short, you learn what's worth it and what isn't, and just generally changes your whole outlook on life. As for a relationship, you kind of get the whole "for better or worse, sickness and in health" right off the hop, so really, what else was left to do?

At 22 we were married, and at 23, we built our first home.

My little baby house, fresh off the trailer!

We've crammed a lot of life into 4 short years. I landed my dream job, doing administrative assistant work with a local insurance firm in my city, and Eric drives a truck for my Dad now, in a little family business. We're true country people, and old souls.

As to what my blog is all about, its really, simply put, the lifestyle I love, and want to live.

I'm an old soul, and often think I was born in the wrong era. My late Grandmother is my hero, and she was a true country woman, and I aspire, as well as am genetically inclined, to be just like her. I do most of my own cooking, you never find much store bought in my pantry or fridge. I have an affinity for cast iron, painting, and DIY. Shabby-Chic with a twist of modern is my favorite style of decor, and my fashion sense is easy breezy, and if my hair can be done myself, you bet it will be.

It's just who I am.

So, I hope we can be great friends. I hope we can share our lives, tips and tricks, and everything in between together. I hope my blog becomes a safe haven for you, a place to unwind, have a laugh, learn something new, and get inspired.

Thank you, and welcome to my life.

Xoxo - Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment